Friday, April 11, 2014

The Fairytale Survey

This feature/survey is done by The Daily Prophecy that I first heard about on Feed Me Books Now.  The survey questions are based on fairytales to books based on questions. I thought it was super cool to include fairy tales with books.  Leave your answers in the comments below.

PART 1. CLASSIC PRINCESSES.
Pinocchio – The boy whose nose grows when he lies.
Is there are book you lie about, because you feel ashamed for liking it?
Well I read The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer a while and for the longest time, I was embarrassed that I actually liked it because I read it in the fifth grade and I heard all the crap about it, but not anymore!

Beauty and the beast – The girl who fell in love with personality.
Which book do you love that has a hideous cover?
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead- Angelina Jolie doesn’t work
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare- A shirtless dude with tattoos is how you get crap (in fact one of my guy friends was halfway into the book, but was too embarrassed to continue because of  Jace on the cover)

Snow white – Hunted down for her beauty.
Do you ever buy a book based on the cover alone and if so, what is the last one?
Well, the last book I picked up for the cover was the Valkyrie Rising (it’s from the library), but I was looking through a list of YA books in Europe and it looked cool.

Sleeping beauty – Cursed to sleep, awakened by true loves kiss.
 What is your favorite book couple?
Darkling and Alina (they’re technically not a couple, but wait till Ruin and Rising comes out) from Shadow and Bone/Siege and Storm (Grisha Trilogy) by Leigh Bardugo they are the perfect example of light meets dark
Warner and Juliette from Ignite Me {Review}/Unravel Me/Shatter Me  by Tahreh Mafi- You never know when the author decides to make an  unlikely love triangles end up

Little Mermaid – Gave up on her old life for love.
Do you ever branch out to new genres or do you like to stick with the ones you know and love? If you try new things out, what is the latest book?
I usually stick with what I love- historical fiction/fantasy sci-fi/thrillers. My most recent branching out was reading What I Eat Around the World in 80 Diets by Faith Menzel & Faith D’Aluisio, which is about what different people around the world eat in one day, very coffee table, but a good read.
  
Cinderella – Who lost her shoe after midnight.
What is the last book that made you stay up all night?
The Gathering Storm {Review} by Robin Bridges, I stayed up till about 11:30 pm (I rarely stay up later than that) reading about evil vampires and princes.

Rapunzel – locked up in a tower.
What are the worst books you’ve read last month?
Ohh tough. Most books I don’t like I don’t continue reading, but the worst book I’ve read is probably I am Rembrandt’s Daughter {Review}by Lynn Cullen. I didn’t find it terrible, but I’ve just read so many good books this past month.

PART 2. MIX-MATCH.
Aladdin – The poor boy who found a genie.
What is the latest book treasure/gem you found?
The best book that I found by chance just by skimming shelves not from web sources was The Girl with Borrowed Wings  {Review} by Rinsai Rossetti. I was just browsing at library and bam a good book.

Alice in Wonderland – The girl who fell through a rabbit’s hole. 
Which book made you really feel like you landed in another world?
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers- you feel like you’re in a world of old gods and Britanny
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling-  some of the best fantasy books ever written
Legend {Review} by Marie Lu-  wins for dystopian because of so much world building

East of the sun and west of the moon – where a girl embarks on a journey to save her love.
Who is one of your favorite kick-ass heroines?
Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead- She just wants to live on the edge after ‘dying’, I personally like her because she knows what she wants
Sydney Sage from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead- She’s a close genius and still has the guts to go after Adrian Ivashkov
June from Legend  {Review} by Marie Lu- She takes her  intelligence for a mostly nonviolent approach to the war and realizes that she can move on from Day
Ismae from Grave Mercy b Robin LaFevers- Killer, she just thinks like me plus I’m such a romantic and Duval is cool
Extra-Karou from Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor and Annabeth from Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan and Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I CAN’T NAME ALL OF THEM AHHHHH…….

The Frog Prince – where an enchanted prince becomes human again.
What is a book you thought you would hate, but end up loving?
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen- it was terribly dull at the beginning but got better
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling- first chapter was really weird

Hansel and Gretel – left alone in the woods and captured by a witch.
Which duo (sister/sister, brother/sister) is your favorite and why?
Kate, Michael & Emma from The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens- They just care so much about each other that it touches you to see their relationship develop with other character after depending on each other for years

Little Red Riding Hood – almost eaten by a wolf dressed as her grandmother.
What book disappointed you after falling in love with the cover and blurb?
The Blessed  by Tonya Hurley- I will write a review for that soon, but the book was just all over the place

Rumpelstilskin – nobody knows his name.
Which book do you love that doesn’t get enough attention?
Does Shadow and Bone count? Shadow and Bone by Liegh Bardugo- I know online a lot of people have read it, but in real life I don’t know anybody who has read them along with Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. A real answer though is Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs


No comments:

Post a Comment